Book Recommendations for Parents
Whether you are searching for yourself or want to resource a friend or family member, we hope this list is helpful. All book titles are linked to Amazon for your convenience. This list of ten books was shared in the "7 Unapologetic Truths about Parenting" message on Sunday, August 28th. View the message here.
Great books for parents by Ryan & Leslie Rice:
- “The Jesus Storybook Bible” by Sally Lloyd- Jones - Kids Bible
- “Grace Based Parenting” by Tim Kimmel - A Christian Parents Guide to Biblical Parenting
- “The Treasure Tree” by Gary Smalley and John Trent - A Fun Family Book dealing with Personality Discovery, Characterization & Realization Exercises and Applications
- “God’s Design for Sex” by Stan and Brenna Jones (Full Set) - How and When to Tell Your Kids about Sex. There are different books per age level, or you can purchase them as a full set.
- “Eight Great Dates” by Dannah Gresh - A Mother-Daughter Date Conversation Guide
- “Raising a Modern Day Knight” by Robert Lewis - Equipping A Young Man with the tools for Authentic Manhood
- “The Passport to Purity” by Dennis and Barbara Rainey - A Weekend Retreat Kit with conversation focused on purity
- “Taming the Technology Monster” by Sissy Goff - 8 Guiding Principles for helping your child navigate in this technological world
- “Raising Worry-Free Girls” by Sissy Goff - Effective Strategies for helping teens navigate their world
- “Boundaries with Teens” by John Townsend - A Great all around resource for the pre-teen through late-teen parenting season