The Joy of Money
March 12, 2023 Pastor: Brian Pacheco Series: The Guts and Glory of Giving
Topic: Giving Scripture: Malachi 3:6–12, Mark 12:41–44, Luke 12:16–21
Malachi 3:6-12, Mark 12:41-44, Luke 12:16-21
Four Giving Generations
- 19 million people, 88% give, $1,367 average gift.
Baby Boomers: 1946-64
- 70 million people, 72% give, $1,212 average gift.
Generation X: 1965-80
- 65 million people, 59% give, $732 average gift.
- 72 million people, 60% give, $481 annual gift.
We: Give to God
God: He Secures
Enemy: God Fights
People: Are Blessed
We: Give (if priors are met)
God: Secures What We Won
Enemy: We Fight
People: Are Sought
The Big Idea
The Joy of Money is Stewardship – Not Security
- To Believe: You cannot out-give God.
- To Do: Steward your money and leave the results to Him.
Talk It Over
- What stood out to you from the message and why?
- Read the passages. Which one of them is most challenging to you and why?
- Evaluate the generational trends. What concerns you and how can that be corrected?
- Consider the difference between stewardship and security and discuss them.
- How can you better steward your money in light of the message?
More in The Guts and Glory of Giving
March 5, 2023The Guts and Glory of Tithing
February 26, 2023The Guts and Glory of Ownership